Tuesday, August 5, 2008

About Me

This blog will share my thoughts and experiences in my life both personal and as they relate to my hobby of Amateur Radio. I have been a licensed Amateur (ham) Radio operator since 1985 when I was 15 years old. I have travelled all over the world to operate my radio. I enjoy going on these trips, called DXpeditions, and operating radio contests on them. I am a life-member of the U.S. national Amateur Radio organization called the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). If you want to find out more about this fascinating hobby, please visit their website @ http://www.arrl.org/. For the next few years, however, I will have little or no time for my hobby. I am currently spending almost all of my time outside of work in college. I am currently working on finishing up my Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA). My return to school has been extremely difficult, but extremely rewarding so far. My heavy course load combined with working full-time leaves almost no “free” time to do anything else. I do work hard to make time to spend with my family. Other than that, I only allow myself two other guilty pleasures every week: watching The Office on Thursday nights and watching that week’s Dallas Cowboy and/or Manchester United football games! I must say, though, that school has been extremely rewarding so far. At this point in my life, I really enjoy learning. I’m not sure I would have had the same thirst for knowledge if I had done this earlier in life. I look forward to every course and to trying to achieve the best possible grade I’m capable of. I plan to graduate with my MBA by December 2012. Thanks for reading-hope you enjoy my ramblings in the blog!

No comments: