Friday, November 23, 2007

500 QSO's in the log, now it's contest time

I put 500 QSO's in the log today and they have been uploaded to LOTW. My LDG Autotuner is not functioning so it looks like I will be limited to 40, 20, 15 and 12/10M with the loops. The QSO's so far have been evenly split between 40, 20 and 15M with a nice EU opening this morning on 15M. I tried 12M and even 10M a couple of times but nothing heard.

Today was rainy until afternoon then it cleared off. The rain kept the temperature down to a very comfortable level today. I purchased contest supplies today (Diet Coke, snacks, bottled water etc). EU started opening on 40M today about 20:15Z this afternoon and it was open this morning until at least 12:30Z to the states so looks like in between there will be my breaks.

Now it's about 2.5 hours before the contest starts. I'm going to eat dinner and try to take a quick nap (or at least lay down) until about 23:30Z.

I'll try to blog tomorrow afternoon with 1st day results, but no promises. See you in the contest!

No comments: